In collaboration with
Location: Stockholm, Sweden,
Client: Akelius Lagenheter AB
Size: 2800 m2
Data Source: Point Cloud
Scope: Highly detailed architectural BIM modeling of both the interior and the exterior, entering Fi2, SIS and space rental information, extraction to FM database.
- Akelius Lagenheter AB, based in Stockholm, Sweden, is a company that acquires, upgrades and manages residential properties with the aim to provide a better living. The company owns fifty thousand apartments in Canada, Denmark, Sweden, England, France, Germany, and the USA, and is the largest listed real-estate company in Sweden.
One of its properties in Stockholm, Odengatan 104, was undergoing renovation in the summer of 2018 when it was laser scanned, and Walter was tasked with creating a Revit BIM model that would reflect the new, refreshed state of the building.
The project scope included:
- Preparation and adjustment of the laser-scanned data (point cloud)
- Creation of a Revit BIM model at the highest level of detail, including a large number of custom families
- Entering room and rental information into the model
- Creation of area plans and extraction of correct areas using the Swedish Standard (SIS standard),
- Creation of publishing files and publishing (storing) of new drawings and complementary information in client’s cloud-based archive- FM Access.
- Rendering and creating a marketing video of the model, showing steps from point cloud to a 3D model to a 2D floor plan.